Stratford YHA
For those of you who don't know- i didn't mention it to many, for the next month, at least, I will be working at the Stratford YHA as a general assistant.
I start work tomorrow- so I can't say much about that yet, other than I start at 7AM. That's a lovely 6am wake up call for me, althought thankfully, I don't have to travel - just walk the 10 metres from my room to the kitchen.
Yes, you read that correctly - the kitchen. Please, let me pause for a moment so everyone can pick themselves up from the floor .....
I am going to have to cook.
It wasn't in the details of the application, so I was a little surprised when I was told yesterday. However, the other people who work here all assue me that they can't cook either, and that working in the kitchen is more like just following directions. That I can do!
The people I've met all seem really nice, and I think I'm going to like working here! The YHA is one of the better ones I've seen - the rooms are big, showers are bigger, great grounds etc. I have a cute little room (although bigger than I thought it would be) in the staff house where I can retreat when i'm not working - I confess that after living by myself for so long, it is nice to close the door on everyone else. What a hermit I am!
Transport into Stratford is not great - only once an hour. I might actually have to start riding a bicycle again- another shock I know. That is if it ever stops raining. . . . .
More on the work side later, another day, when I know what i'm talking about and have something more interesting to say!
I start work tomorrow- so I can't say much about that yet, other than I start at 7AM. That's a lovely 6am wake up call for me, althought thankfully, I don't have to travel - just walk the 10 metres from my room to the kitchen.
Yes, you read that correctly - the kitchen. Please, let me pause for a moment so everyone can pick themselves up from the floor .....
I am going to have to cook.
It wasn't in the details of the application, so I was a little surprised when I was told yesterday. However, the other people who work here all assue me that they can't cook either, and that working in the kitchen is more like just following directions. That I can do!
The people I've met all seem really nice, and I think I'm going to like working here! The YHA is one of the better ones I've seen - the rooms are big, showers are bigger, great grounds etc. I have a cute little room (although bigger than I thought it would be) in the staff house where I can retreat when i'm not working - I confess that after living by myself for so long, it is nice to close the door on everyone else. What a hermit I am!
Transport into Stratford is not great - only once an hour. I might actually have to start riding a bicycle again- another shock I know. That is if it ever stops raining. . . . .
More on the work side later, another day, when I know what i'm talking about and have something more interesting to say!


<< Home