London
I spent yesterday (Thursday) traversing London on board the Original Tour Buses - great tours to reorienate oneself with London . . . I highly recommend them . . . www.theoriginaltour.com. . . .It was great to finally get down to the Buckingham Palace / Westminster Abbey area (yep, I didn't go there last time in 2001!).
I did however, turn into one huge icicle. People, like me, are really mad to sit on open top double decker buses - even in a London spring. It was FREEZING! Especially everytime we crossed over the Thames. Thankfully, the weather has been kind by not raining - just spatters every now and again.
Things I learnt today;
The Dragon Statue located on Fleet St, in the middle of the road, signifies the start of London proper - the old London.
Traffic in London can be really tedious, particularly around the squares and circles. Going around Trafalgar Sq involves at least 5 sets of traffic lights.
Jermyn St - a little street running perpendicular to Regent St was the first Street to be paved in London - but no one could tell me why it was that street!
I spend pounds almost as fast as I spend dollars . . . . . scary scary. Must not spend money, must not spend money .. . . :)
PS. I know this is all text at the moment, photos will come soonish. Also, I can't get the spelling checker to work on this thing, so sorry for spelling mistakes!
I did however, turn into one huge icicle. People, like me, are really mad to sit on open top double decker buses - even in a London spring. It was FREEZING! Especially everytime we crossed over the Thames. Thankfully, the weather has been kind by not raining - just spatters every now and again.
Things I learnt today;
The Dragon Statue located on Fleet St, in the middle of the road, signifies the start of London proper - the old London.
Traffic in London can be really tedious, particularly around the squares and circles. Going around Trafalgar Sq involves at least 5 sets of traffic lights.
Jermyn St - a little street running perpendicular to Regent St was the first Street to be paved in London - but no one could tell me why it was that street!
I spend pounds almost as fast as I spend dollars . . . . . scary scary. Must not spend money, must not spend money .. . . :)
PS. I know this is all text at the moment, photos will come soonish. Also, I can't get the spelling checker to work on this thing, so sorry for spelling mistakes!


<< Home