Happy Birthday Shakespeare
23rd April. This year, a Sunday. St Georges Day, and the day that Shakespeare was (supposedly) born and yes, died. (Thankfully, not in the same year!)
I have the pleasure of now being in Stratford Upon Avon. Home of Shakespeare, in all his touristy ways. No seriously, its VERY VERY EXCITING to be here.
Today I was able to spend the day wandering around,taking in the celebrations. I attended the Shakespeare Service held at Holy Trinity Church (where he is buried, for those not in the know), but I was actually in the church accross the road, as the main church was dignitaries only. We all sang better though!
Then I wandered accross to a soccer match between the Montegues and Capulets. Yes, the cast of the currently playing Romeo and Juliet were fighting it out on the soccer field. Commentated by Tybolt I believe.
Can I just say, right now,that the RSC company of actors - and I mean males here - are DAMN SEXY. Not only do they have the gorgeously well trained classic english accent, but they are all quite good looking. . . .. .:) I think i am going to like watching these shows, if for nothing other than the eye candy . . . . *sigh*
I have the pleasure of now being in Stratford Upon Avon. Home of Shakespeare, in all his touristy ways. No seriously, its VERY VERY EXCITING to be here.
Today I was able to spend the day wandering around,taking in the celebrations. I attended the Shakespeare Service held at Holy Trinity Church (where he is buried, for those not in the know), but I was actually in the church accross the road, as the main church was dignitaries only. We all sang better though!
Then I wandered accross to a soccer match between the Montegues and Capulets. Yes, the cast of the currently playing Romeo and Juliet were fighting it out on the soccer field. Commentated by Tybolt I believe.
Can I just say, right now,that the RSC company of actors - and I mean males here - are DAMN SEXY. Not only do they have the gorgeously well trained classic english accent, but they are all quite good looking. . . .. .:) I think i am going to like watching these shows, if for nothing other than the eye candy . . . . *sigh*


<< Home