Wednesday, April 19, 2006

First Impressions of London

Here I am, sitting opposite Hyde Park (with less of a view than you would think, as it's surrounded by a hedge wall) on my first morning in London. I arrived last night after a long plane flight - which suprisingly wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

My Hostel is pretty average, although I expect some of it is just me being precious and jetlagged. The people who work there are all really nice, it's just a shock to be sleeping in a 6 bed dorm that's only 4x8 or so. Pretty small. Plus, the shower sucks. But hey, it's cheap, great location, and I'm only there for a few days.

Thank god for earplugs and eyemasks.

Today I am trying to get all the boring stuff out of the way - sort out the new bank account, get the mobile working etc. Then a wander in the afternoon - who knows where I'll end up?! I'll keep you posted.