Natures music

Natures music. That is the sound of the waves crashing beside me on the dark pebble beach. The wind has died down now, and gently blows in my ear and ruffles my hair. The sun beams its dying daily rays onto my face, which I soak up with quiet contemplation. I pull my jumper close, as even with the sun and clear blue sky, the air is fresh and brisk.
I wasn’t quite aware until I got here, just how much I missed the ocean – and being able to watch the sun set over it – a pleasure I took in Perth often. The constant, yet ever changing sound of it, the movement, the expanse, all calms me into a sort of peace.
There is a new noise here that I hadn’t heard before. It’s the sound of the water running back off the pebbles, a little tinkling and sucking sound. It is cute next to the power of the waves.
The sky hasn’t started turning pink yet, and I wonder if it will, like it so often does in Perth. Why should it not? Why should it??

The beach here is quite small, enclosed by cliffs and hills either side. Dark green vegetation covers the top of the cliffs, whilst the waves break, throwing up spray on the dark brown rock face.
What ocean am I looking at I wonder? . .
The sun has dipped its bottom into the ocean, and at once, it is darker. I have sun spots in my eyes.
The tide is going out, the waves
pounding now on the sand, and more softly than before. There are a few other lost souls on the beach tonight. A few couples as well, although I don’t look at them as it makes me feel lonely.Within five minures of entering the water, the sun is gone and only it’s lingering rays tuen the hazy sky a soft peach. . . .


<< Home