General Update
Hiya All,
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I don't have much to say! Life is moving along at a rapid pace, but it's not really interesting blog material!
I can't believe it's August already! It's the busiest month here at the RSC, and so I am on Day 9 of what looks like being a 25 day stretch of working every night and often during the day. I can't really complain too much - I need the money, and it's not hard work!
Last weekend was the start of the Shakespeare on Film Festival - 3 Weekends of FREE Shakespeare films outside on the Rec Grounds . . . . I had the pleasure of working on both night last weekend and watched Baz Luhrmanns R+J (for all that I don't like the play, I love the movie), and Laurence Olivier's Henry V. . . . a wonderful way to pass the working hours!!!
One Opening Night last week (King John) and two this week (The Tempest, and the Henry 6's), means lots of parties and late nights! Loads of interesting conversations with other RSC staff happening down at the Duck - the local RSC pub.
Stratford is a small town - I can now walk down any street and be reasonably confident of seeing at least one person I know - even if it's just with a wave or a smile. Sort of feels like Perth used to!
The weather hasn't been great though, so I don't really feel like it's summer - it's hot, but really humid and cloudy and so quite horrible. Give me dry heat any day.
Did I not mention at the start of this, that my life is not blog material at the moment?!!!!! I did warn you. Never fear, I have a few show reviews to write, and more photos to put on, when I have a free moment.
Take care all!
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I don't have much to say! Life is moving along at a rapid pace, but it's not really interesting blog material!
I can't believe it's August already! It's the busiest month here at the RSC, and so I am on Day 9 of what looks like being a 25 day stretch of working every night and often during the day. I can't really complain too much - I need the money, and it's not hard work!
Last weekend was the start of the Shakespeare on Film Festival - 3 Weekends of FREE Shakespeare films outside on the Rec Grounds . . . . I had the pleasure of working on both night last weekend and watched Baz Luhrmanns R+J (for all that I don't like the play, I love the movie), and Laurence Olivier's Henry V. . . . a wonderful way to pass the working hours!!!
One Opening Night last week (King John) and two this week (The Tempest, and the Henry 6's), means lots of parties and late nights! Loads of interesting conversations with other RSC staff happening down at the Duck - the local RSC pub.
Stratford is a small town - I can now walk down any street and be reasonably confident of seeing at least one person I know - even if it's just with a wave or a smile. Sort of feels like Perth used to!
The weather hasn't been great though, so I don't really feel like it's summer - it's hot, but really humid and cloudy and so quite horrible. Give me dry heat any day.
Did I not mention at the start of this, that my life is not blog material at the moment?!!!!! I did warn you. Never fear, I have a few show reviews to write, and more photos to put on, when I have a free moment.
Take care all!


<< Home