World Cup
Another shock (for those who read this the right way (bottom to top ie least recent to most recent) . . . .I've been following the World Cup. Even reading the newspaper articles about it - The Times had a great daily supplement about it all. It's been a bit scary for me down at the pub (yes, okay, another shock for you all!!!!), as I've been yelling at the TV like everyone else.
The ironic thing is that I managed to miss all the Australian games due to other commitments! And I purposely stayed away from the England ones - that was just scary scary in the pubs everywhere.
But it has been fun to watch, and I confess it's been great to sound a little bit knowledgeable about which teams were up against each other and the chances etc - even if I don't really know the rules.
The final (Sunday night for those who didn't watch it) was fun as the group of people I was with in the pub didn't really care who won, so we were all just yelling at the screen and having a laugh. I was backing the French, although not for any particular reason.
But, of course as you know, Italy won on Penalties (just a crazy system). Had Zindane not been red carded (and so far, no explanation for that completely ridiculous head butt) who knows what the outcome would have been?
Oh my, I sound like I know what I'm talking about!
The ironic thing is that I managed to miss all the Australian games due to other commitments! And I purposely stayed away from the England ones - that was just scary scary in the pubs everywhere.
But it has been fun to watch, and I confess it's been great to sound a little bit knowledgeable about which teams were up against each other and the chances etc - even if I don't really know the rules.
The final (Sunday night for those who didn't watch it) was fun as the group of people I was with in the pub didn't really care who won, so we were all just yelling at the screen and having a laugh. I was backing the French, although not for any particular reason.
But, of course as you know, Italy won on Penalties (just a crazy system). Had Zindane not been red carded (and so far, no explanation for that completely ridiculous head butt) who knows what the outcome would have been?
Oh my, I sound like I know what I'm talking about!


<< Home