Friday, December 29, 2006

Blond moment

It is always better to think before speaking – as I thankfully remembered last Friday evening.

The scene – the Courtyard foyer filled with festive RSC staff after our RSC carol service. The service had started late, as we were waiting for our patron – HRH Prince Charles . . . .so it had finished late, which meant I was desperately searching the room for a mince pie before I had to race to work. . . . .

I was talking to Chip (gorgeous man – how can I not stop and say hi?), when I looked over at the side profile of a well-dressed gentleman about a metre away. He was tilting his head to better hear the actor he was talking too.

I thought to myself, “Who is that man? He looks really familiar, where do I know him from?”

Like I said, glad I thought it before I said it. It was Prince Charles . . . .