Wed 15th November 2006
One Day in the life of . . . . Anna the Australian Usher
Today is the day the RSC records its activities for posterity. And what happens? I have a day off!!!!
A whole day off. I work eight shifts a week – I don’t know what to do with myself if I have a night off.
Go to the theatre I guess! That is what I travelled to the other side of the world for – to fulfil my goal of seeing every single Shakespeare play performed live. Which, sadly, is not going to be fulfilled – I missed Chicago’s Henry 4 part 2 damn it (and it’s not one that Australia would tend to produce!)
Slept in today - that’s always a pleasure. Worked on an entry for my blog (crazy Australian friends await my irregular postings). Then worked (procrastinated) on my next journalism assignment. Spent most of that time daydreaming about the recent Shrew cast and the production – just brilliant.
Decided NOT to go to the theatre tonight – shock horror. Borrowed some DVDs instead – decidedly unshakespearian movies, and had a wonderful evening away from work. Every so often, it’s nice not to hear Shakespeare!
Today is the day the RSC records its activities for posterity. And what happens? I have a day off!!!!
A whole day off. I work eight shifts a week – I don’t know what to do with myself if I have a night off.
Go to the theatre I guess! That is what I travelled to the other side of the world for – to fulfil my goal of seeing every single Shakespeare play performed live. Which, sadly, is not going to be fulfilled – I missed Chicago’s Henry 4 part 2 damn it (and it’s not one that Australia would tend to produce!)
Slept in today - that’s always a pleasure. Worked on an entry for my blog (crazy Australian friends await my irregular postings). Then worked (procrastinated) on my next journalism assignment. Spent most of that time daydreaming about the recent Shrew cast and the production – just brilliant.
Decided NOT to go to the theatre tonight – shock horror. Borrowed some DVDs instead – decidedly unshakespearian movies, and had a wonderful evening away from work. Every so often, it’s nice not to hear Shakespeare!


<< Home