Thursday, August 31, 2006

E in UK

I had the wonderful pleasure last week of having my old friend E visit me in Stratford (not old in age of course, but I've known her for 15 years!).

It was so cool to show her around 'my town', and also have a day off work to do the tourist thing. I threw her in the deep end the first night she was here, with a dinner with many RSC people, but I don't think we scared her too much (E might disagree!!!! :) The first picture below is me and E in the pub.

Monday saw us visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Anne Hathaway's Cottage - a gorgeous place, which I hadn't actually been to before. We even had some sun! This second picture is E and I in the orchard of the Cottage eating the new plums off the trees. Which I'm sure we weren't supposed to, but we couldn't resist, and they were rather nice!

On Tuesday and Wednesday nights E saw two RSC shows and saw me at work in my wonderful uniform. Of course, I introduced her to my routine of heading to the pub after work - although I don't tend to go there before Thurdsay, so it was a bit strange going there Tuesday and Wed!

We also visited Compton Verney - an old 1800's house with amazing grounds that has been converted to an Art Gallery; NewPlace and Nash's House; a few yummy resturants; and just wandered around Stratford in general.

I suprised myself at my general knowledge of Stratford - yay! And I had a brilliant time with E - wish it could have been longer. Thanks E!







l