Thursday, June 15, 2006

Strange things about England I like and dislike!

Like
  • Barclays name for ATMS - Hole in the Wall. Makes me smile everytime I walk past one (even more so when I can get money out too!)
  • England calls a week of 22 - 29 degree weather a HEAT WAVE.
  • It's summer at the moment - no dreary Melbourne winter for me!
  • Classic English accents. Particularly on wonderfully sexy actors
  • Straford, a relatively small town, has 5 bookstores.
  • Looking enough like a local (until I speak!) that people ask me directions . . . .
  • . . . .And me being able to help them! YAY!

Dislike
  • Levers and chains to flush toilets. For some reason, it really irritates me. Give me the half flush/full flush buttons!!!!
  • Can't find a decent fish and chips in Stratford. Nor Sushi - help!
  • Being asked where I come from every 3 mins