General Update
Hello all!
Looking back over the last few posts, I notice a lot of photos, and not a lot of "talking". Which some of you may think is a good thing, but hey, I like to write. So here I am.
So where am I in my year long adventure? Almost 7 weeks in, and I've started work at the RSC. I've been there for 1.5 weeks and am having a ball. The work is fun, the FOH people are great, and it's just nice to be back in the theatre again.
I'm still calling money dollars and cents though - rather frustrating, but 25 years of habit is hard to break. All the more so when you see an Australian fellow arts worker in the foyer as I did yesterday. THE WORLD IS SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I say as a side note however, how strange it was to go to the cinema and see the "where the bloody hell are you" advertisment for Australia. I had to laugh,knowing the problems it caused but no one else seemed interested in it!
At the moment, when not working (and I work 6 nights a week at the moment), I'm doing very little with my time. Many books are being consumed, and I'm delighting in not having to work myself into the ground or race from one job to another. The weather has finally picked up, and the sun in shining, so I am looking forward to some day trips . . . . .
Until then though, I'm happy just meandering along, enjoying my work, enjoying Stratford, enjoying life!
Looking back over the last few posts, I notice a lot of photos, and not a lot of "talking". Which some of you may think is a good thing, but hey, I like to write. So here I am.
So where am I in my year long adventure? Almost 7 weeks in, and I've started work at the RSC. I've been there for 1.5 weeks and am having a ball. The work is fun, the FOH people are great, and it's just nice to be back in the theatre again.
I'm still calling money dollars and cents though - rather frustrating, but 25 years of habit is hard to break. All the more so when you see an Australian fellow arts worker in the foyer as I did yesterday. THE WORLD IS SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I say as a side note however, how strange it was to go to the cinema and see the "where the bloody hell are you" advertisment for Australia. I had to laugh,knowing the problems it caused but no one else seemed interested in it!
At the moment, when not working (and I work 6 nights a week at the moment), I'm doing very little with my time. Many books are being consumed, and I'm delighting in not having to work myself into the ground or race from one job to another. The weather has finally picked up, and the sun in shining, so I am looking forward to some day trips . . . . .
Until then though, I'm happy just meandering along, enjoying my work, enjoying Stratford, enjoying life!


<< Home