Monday, April 30, 2007

The wedding - Annie and Cory.

My first week back, and I was attending a family wedding here in Perth. Annie is my cousin for those who didn’t know!

I had a hands-on role in this wedding – always scary! I did a reading, and helped Mum with the flower displays . . . .

There are so many wedding readings out there! I was a bit overwhelmed when I first started looking (yep – I had to choose it! Brave Annie). . . . But narrowed it finally down to four choices. From that, Annie and Cory chose this one:

The Keys to Love
The key to love is understanding ....
The ability to comprehend not only the spoken word,
But those unspoken gestures -
The little things that say so much by themselves

The key to love is forgiveness ...
To accept each others faults and pardon mistakes
Without forgetting -
But remembering what you learn from them

The key to love is sharing ...
Facing your good fortunes as well as the bad, together;
Both conquering problems -
Forever searching for ways to intensify your happiness.

The key to love is giving ...
Without thought of return
But with the hope of just a simple smile
And by giving-in, but never up.

The key to love is respect ...
Realising that you are two separate people, with different ideas
That you don't belong to each other
But that you belong with each other and share a mutual bond.

The key to love is inside us all ...
It takes time and patience to unlock all the ingredients
That will take you to its threshold.
It is a continual learning process that demands a lot of work
But the rewards are more than worth the effort.


Very sweet! And fairly easy to read / understand. Phew, managed not to stuff it up. Brilliant wedding and reception.

And very Australian! (I’m noticing these things at the moment). Our MC for the night (Cousin Steven) kept us updated with the footy scores (that’s Aussie rules footy, not the other one!), the wedding car was a four-wheel drive from the bush, and Annie decided that her Blunstone boots were much more comfortable to wear.

See photos for proof . . . .