Monday, April 30, 2007

Things I’m missing / noticing upon my return.

Things I'm noticing:
Some things haven’t changed at all in Perth.
I still know my way around the city, even if I’ve forgotten all the street names
People’s Australian accents are getting on my nerves
Perth people are ruder than in Stratford
Perth has lots of sun – I’m back to wearing my sunglasses ALL the time
I still think it’s about to get warmer and summer is coming
Things are expensive – until I convert back into pounds, then I realise it’s not so bad.

Apart from missing the obvious (friends), I miss
Galaxy chocolate. I didn’t like the UK chocolate when I first got there, now I don’t like Australian Cadburys – which used to be my all time favourite
Daylight saving. Okay, so we’re going into winter here, but still.
The history that seeps into every aspect of the UK
The greenness of the landscape. Although Perth has actually had a bit of rain, much brownland is around.
The Duck
Well spoken people
Free internet access at the library

Barclays "Hole in the Wall" sign, which made me smile getting money out, even when I knew I didn't have any. . . . .