For Kate
The ‘shrew’
What did I do?
She slumps
exhausted
cowering in her despair and
desperation
How did I get here?
Her hand claws the floor
looking for help
Her arms hug her stomach
holding herself in
Do I deserve this?
Her shoulders turn away
from him
Her knees drawn up
She shakes
How long can I last?
I am a victim
he does it in
the name of
love
I starve
I don’t sleep
I am about
to
give
up
I can’t fight back anymore
The ‘shrew’
What did I do?
She slumps
exhausted
cowering in her despair and
desperation
How did I get here?
Her hand claws the floor
looking for help
Her arms hug her stomach
holding herself in
Do I deserve this?
Her shoulders turn away
from him
Her knees drawn up
She shakes
How long can I last?
I am a victim
he does it in
the name of
love
I starve
I don’t sleep
I am about
to
give
up
I can’t fight back anymore


<< Home