Moving House
I finally moved house last week. It was all very sudden – the old place was sold and we were given 2.5 weeks to leave. There was a nervous week fo me as I madly searched for a new place that was a) still close enough to walk everywhere; b) available now and; c) within my price range. This, when you do the currency conversion, is twice what it would be in Melbourne. It is expensive here!
But I found a place and moved in last weekend. It’s so cute! Well, my flat is. The flat is one of 8 in an old big house. The house could easily be the setting for a BBC Victorian drama – horrible boarding school, imposing grandparent’s house etc. It has a big black door . . . .
My flat is up the back staircase, and my room overlooks the garden out the back. The owners of the flat bought it for their au pair, who will be living in the other room. They currently don’t have an au pair, so I have the whole place to myself! Really, not much to have, it is very small.
But, as I mentioned, cute! My room is probably the smallest I’ve ever had, but it holds all my stuff (hmmm, a lot of which I will have to get rid of before I leave), and it is warm and inviting. When the heating works – it does seem to have a mind of its own, which I just haven’t been able to figure out yet.
I have discovered that the house is famed in the RSC world. They used to rent many of the apartments, so many tales of actors and other theatre folk abound at my place!
As always, pictures can say a thousand words . . . .so here they are. . . . .

But I found a place and moved in last weekend. It’s so cute! Well, my flat is. The flat is one of 8 in an old big house. The house could easily be the setting for a BBC Victorian drama – horrible boarding school, imposing grandparent’s house etc. It has a big black door . . . .My flat is up the back staircase, and my room overlooks the garden out the back. The owners of the flat bought it for their au pair, who will be living in the other room. They currently don’t have an au pair, so I have the whole place to myself! Really, not much to have, it is very small.
But, as I mentioned, cute! My room is probably the smallest I’ve ever had, but it holds all my stuff (hmmm, a lot of which I will have to get rid of before I leave), and it is warm and inviting. When the heating works – it does seem to have a mind of its own, which I just haven’t been able to figure out yet.
I have discovered that the house is famed in the RSC world. They used to rent many of the apartments, so many tales of actors and other theatre folk abound at my place!As always, pictures can say a thousand words . . . .so here they are. . . . .



<< Home