Thursday, September 14, 2006

Video Project Background

I don’t know when it started, or why, but every year, the RSC invites staff to submit a short film script, with the intention of choosing the best ones, filming them, and having a company showing. All for fun of course – nothing serious.

Sam O’Mahoney-Adams – a green company actor (that is the Much Ado, R+J cast etc), had his script approved, and I got involved as one of the Production Coordinators. Very long story as to how I got involved, so I won’t bore you with it!

Although quite stressful, finding locations, helping with props etc, but I did have the pleasure of working with the delightful Sam, and with a brilliant cast and crew – mainly from the Green Company. And yes, Mr Sexy Man included.

It is a fantastic script, although if you all read it you probably wouldn’t agree – perhaps too many in jokes. Titled ‘The greatest script ever written’, it is about a bunch of out of work actors trying to break into the RSC to steal the greatest script . . . . lots of chase scenes, silly situations, and yes, in jokes. . . .

Photos to come later. . . .