Friday, October 14, 2005

YAY for Passion

It's been full on with arts events this week. I've been going to a few of the free 1pm Conversation series that's on in the Spiegel Tent. I just love that place- it is just so weird and cute! Basically, its this tent that travels around the world to festivals. Not just any tent though - you go in and there is wooden floorboards, stained glass windows, little booths around the sides for sitting. If you have no idea what it looks like, check out the website http://www.spiegeltent.net - it's very cool.

Anyway, at 1pm, Kristy Edmunds, the AD of the Festival, has been talking to artists involved in the Fest about a range of topics. I went to one on Tuesday about theatre in non traditional venues that was really interesting.
The one I went too today was meant to be about cultural ambassadors, and it was, but it got sidetracked pretty easily! There was this one woman, a choreographer, who, with English as her second (or third perhaps) language, kept lapsing into French when she was excited or passionate about things. Which was a lot of the time. It was fascinating to watch her talk. I didn't understand much of it, but I came out of the talk all energised and filled with renewed passion for the arts industry. YAY for passion!!!!!