Opening Week
AHHHH! Today is Sunday. Tomorrow, we tech/dress The Tempest, and then the first show is on Tuesday. That is just over 48 hours away. Very scary, very exciting.
I'm getting that pre show jitters and crazy energy rush that comes before a show. It's been awhile since I had that!
And of course, we are madly finishing things off. I think that it doesn't matter how much you plan ahead, things always come up production wise and other wise that conspire to make show folks run around like mad people a few days before opening.
Yesterday was interesting. I was doing some last minute props shopping. Dagger, check. Sandpaper and spray paint, check. Basic bottle ready for papermache, check. Tea cup . . . . .. tea cup? Would you believe that it was the teacup that had me going into a frenzy. Apart from seeming to be a fairly rare species these days, when they are around, they come in sets. Or with saucers. Or cost $10!!!!!! I finally got a plain white one for $3, but have to make it pretty now . . . . .
I've missed this props / set stuff I realised last night as I surveyed my apartment. My kitchen bench was strewn with paints. In the bathroom there were long strips of painted paper waiting to cover books. In the bath were drying tea stained sheets of paper (coffee would have worked better, but suprisingly, I didn't have any). In one corner the heater was drying the new bottle . . . . it was a lot of fun!!! FUN FUN FUN!
I'm getting that pre show jitters and crazy energy rush that comes before a show. It's been awhile since I had that!
And of course, we are madly finishing things off. I think that it doesn't matter how much you plan ahead, things always come up production wise and other wise that conspire to make show folks run around like mad people a few days before opening.
Yesterday was interesting. I was doing some last minute props shopping. Dagger, check. Sandpaper and spray paint, check. Basic bottle ready for papermache, check. Tea cup . . . . .. tea cup? Would you believe that it was the teacup that had me going into a frenzy. Apart from seeming to be a fairly rare species these days, when they are around, they come in sets. Or with saucers. Or cost $10!!!!!! I finally got a plain white one for $3, but have to make it pretty now . . . . .
I've missed this props / set stuff I realised last night as I surveyed my apartment. My kitchen bench was strewn with paints. In the bathroom there were long strips of painted paper waiting to cover books. In the bath were drying tea stained sheets of paper (coffee would have worked better, but suprisingly, I didn't have any). In one corner the heater was drying the new bottle . . . . it was a lot of fun!!! FUN FUN FUN!


<< Home