Monday, January 29, 2007

Ceilidh

Ceilidh (pronounced kaylee): Noun - an informal social gathering at which there is Scottish or Irish folk music and singing and folk dancing and story telling . . . . .

Of all things I've done this year - I wasn't expecting a Ceilidh! But there I was at the RSC rehearsal rooms, dancing my lungs out (the feeling after a dance! - I'm surprised I didn't need a first aider).

It was held in place of a normal opening night party and it was brilliant! So much fun. . . and thankfully my camera stayed firmly in my pocket whilst I was dancing - I am so uncoordinated and most people there had dance training, so I felt even more so!!!! (mind you, every one else was drinking - we were pretty even!)

You can't see my tartan sash in the photo, but I was wearing one!

A highlight of the month!